Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sleepless in Seattle or Wherever I Lay My Head

For those of you who know the saga of our sleep life, yes... I mean sleeping, I thought I would share a tiny happy glimmer in my embarrassing parental skills! Will is nearly two and HAD yet to sleep through the night. This came as no surprise to me since the girls were the same. Even though it's not a surprise, it's utterly exhausting. It has been over 8 years since I have slept through the night, since I was pregnant with Makenzie and had to wake up 5 times a night to go to the bathroom.

Anyway, this weekend, we stayed the night at Robbie's brothers house. I layed Will down around 10pm on the guest bed. (It was nice and cushy!) He slept until 5am! I snuggled him for a few minutes and he went back to sleep until 7. I hoped that it was not a fluke, that perhaps a rock hard crib mattress might be what keeps him up all night. I bought a foam pad and fancy new "Cars" crib sheets to fancy up his bed. After talking to all of the cars on his sheets, and watching his one Blue's Clues episode for the night, he curled up and went to sleep around 10pm.... and slept until 5am again!!! I snuggled with him for a few minutes and he went back to sleep until 7! 2 days in a row! Dare I hope for more nights? Please tell me to get my head out of the clouds and back to my sleep deprived reality!

I shouldn't even be putting this in writing or I will jinx it, but the girls are sleeping pretty good. It's hard to get Abby to sleep, but once she actually passes out, she is down for the night!

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh my Babrb...I didnt know it was the fisrt time he ever slept through the night...we should have celebrated BIGGER! You deserved that!!! YEAH!!! That night was even better than a pedicure ...huh?!?!?

Mel said...

I hope that he keeps it up so you can get some sleep!

sunnytosh said...

My mother tells me that my aunt was still not sleeping through the night at age 7. I am glad that your son is learning to let you rest.

Kristy said...

Thank you! I thought I was the only mom that had an older child that doesn't sleep through the night! Afton carries on conversations and sings in her sleep! I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I actually got a full night's sleep!