Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Catching Up!


Well, we have had a very busy last few months! We have spent time in Texas, Wyoming, Arizona, Colorado (and a brief drive through Oklahoma.) We enjoyed an extended vacation visiting Robbie's family in Texas! It was also great to spend time in Wyoming with my family. We spent time driving through Arizona and trying out our RV in various campgrounds. And now, we have been back at home in Colorado for about a month now. Let me just say, it's great to be home! I love our mountains, the climate here, and probably mostly, the familiarity of it all!

Since we got back, Robbie has been staying home with the kids and I went back to work! I have mixed feelings on this... I really miss spending more time with the kiddos. But it's fun to see Robbie learn the joys of being with the kids all day... home-schooling, changing loads (hee hee) of diapers, doing the dishes, etc. He better appreciates what I have done for the last eight years! I really enjoy the work that I do. The hours are picked by me! And oddly, we are much more organized this way... We are better with bedtime, which makes everything else better! So, for the time being, this scenario is working like a charm for our family!

I was also very excited to find a great deal on ebay a few weeks ago! I searched for trampolines in the metro area and found 1 used trampoline with a safety net for $1. Sadly, I missed the auction, so I emailed the guy. He ended up giving it to us for free! We just had to pick it up and break it down. It's in good shape! So now the kids can burn up tons of energy in our ginormous backyard! (We also have a cute little bunny that hangs out in the yard. He's not afraid of the kids, and he nibbles on the grass all day!)
Check out Abby's crazy hair from jumping on the trampoline!

We are also enjoying our new little house in a cute little neighborhood. When I say little... I am NOT kidding! It's 2 bedrooms. 1 bathroom! And they are small rooms! Like... our dresser is in the entry by the front door because it doesn't fit in our room. I'm not complaining though. I actually LOVE it! It's way easier to keep clean! We also have a basement with 2 tiny rooms and 1 even more tiny room. One room is the playroom. The other will be my craft room, and then food storage for the other! The really great thing is that the garage is probably bigger than the house. And the yard... It's big! And well fenced... we still need a gate in one area... but the fence is great!

Oh! Also, Robbie wanted me to add this picture. See all of those items on the floor in front of the kids? Everyone of those things were pulled out of our subwoofer... thank you, Will. We thought it sounded funny whenever there was a loud bass sound. Weird vibration sounds. So Robbie took the back off and discovered why! The front of the speaker has a Will-hand sized circle hole that must have been really fun for him! A wash-cloth? Really?!! Crazy kid!

Oh! And another thing! In our new ward, we had some guys come visit tonight... TO INVITE ROBBIE TO ATTEND HIGH PRIEST GROUP! Am I married to an old man, or what! ;-)

6 comments:

Amazing Greis said...

Love the video. Looks like all 3 kiddos are really enjoying the new "toy". Looks like DADDY's enjoying it too! :)

Is Abby wearing bunny ears? Too cute!

The Easton Family said...

So glad to have you back! Can't wait to come have the boys try out the tramp! You guys are awesome! and...i hate to break it to you...you are married to an old man--so am I...sigh.

Mel said...

I am glad that things are working out for you guys. We have the same problem with our sub woofer except we cannot take ours apart to get the stuff out without ruining it.

sunnytosh said...

That's sweet, I am glad you are loving your new home. And William did a great job on the subwoofer. I just applied for a job too and we are looking to move into a house if we can get the loan for it. :o)

Tee said...

haha! High Priests Group! That's too funny :) I'm glad you all are back, Colorado really is great! Your kids are so big and cute!

Catherine said...

We miss you guys! Glad to see your happy and settled. HUGS to the kids!