Thursday, November 6, 2008

Halloween Pictures

Ok, I know this first one doesn't look like a Halloween picture... but this is after eating lots of candy and being forced to lay down and relax afterward! Makenzie was a witch! Abby found that cute little tiny broom outside. It's a pine tree branch. Originally it was a much fuller broom, but after lots of use the needles kept falling out!
Abby was a vampire. She went all out on this costume. Every detail was her idea. The cape had to be silky... red on the inside, black on the outside. She had to wear a black shirt with a red bowtie. Pants had to be black and she needed vampire teeth. I am not sure where she got the image of a vampire... but she did great. I made the cape!!!


Will was Frankenstein. I thought about putting the green paint on his face to help make the costume, but I didn't want to risk an allergic reaction to paint.... so, here he is!















We had a fun time at our Ward trunk or treat. The kids got lots of loot, played fun carnival games and visited with friends. They also each won a cupcake from the "cake" walk. (Side note here... I remember when I was younger that when you won in a cake walk that you won a full size rockin' cake... now it's a cupcake!) Halloween day, we spent mostly at the zoo with my parents. It was fun. Nobody was there. I felt like we had reserved the park for just us!!! In the evening Robbie took the girls to a few houses in our neighborhood. Fun night!

3 comments:

*MARY* said...

What cute little trick-or-treaters!
And yeah, cake walks just aren't what they used to be.

sunnytosh said...

Nothing like laying down to enjoy that sugar high! ;O)

This is unrelated but I had to tell you thank you for the advent calendar, it is so darling, and my kids want to play with it all the time!

Shauna said...

How fun! Thanks for sharing :) ♥ Hugs!