Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Twilight

This is getting ridiculous... I have never been so excited to see a movie in the theatre! I sit and think about it while folding laundry. While I am getting the kids ready for bed, I think about the story. I am reading the book for the third stinking time... because I am preparing myself for the movie! What is my problem?! Why do I love a book written for teenage kids?

I will tell you why.

I love books that are an easy read for starters. I also love a book that has more love than hate. I enjoy a good innocent relationship... which is hard to find in todays society! I also used to have a deathly fear of vampires... I don't think you can comprehend the level of my fear. I literally lost hundreds of hours of sleep over 2 decades because of a stupid movie I saw as a child... I would lie awake most nights terrified that a vampire would try to get me (but luckily, according to the stupid movie, they could only get in my house if they were invited in! But! what if one of my brothers invited them in?!!! Aaaaaah so much stress!)

Anyway... even after 12 years of marriage, I was still having nightmares about vampires... until Twilight. (Should I send Stephenie a thank you email?) Now, when I lie awake at night thinking a vampire is out there, I just think it is someone sweet like Edward! Now, please... nobody remind me about the non-vegetarian vampires in the book! I am finally sort of getting some sleep...

3 comments:

*MARY* said...

I hope your daughter was one of the veggiepires for Halloween.
I'm excited for the movie too, but I probably won't see it until it comes out on dvd.

Olivia said...

You can't be that off base for liking it...there are only about a kajillion other people, a lot of them are not teenagers, who love the book too. And I think you should TOTALLY send Stephenie Meyers a thank you wmail and tell her your story--I bet she would love to know that she helped you out in that way! That is pretty cool. Are you going to the midnight showing on opening day? If you do and you go to southlands, I might see you there! Still haven't decided yet if I'm going to that one or the showing on Friday or Saturday night....

sunnytosh said...

I hardly ever read and I have not read these. I am thrilled to see they are helping you sleep though, that is awesome.