Monday, November 24, 2008

Here We Are

Robbie and I went on a really fun date last week! Instead of wandering around Wal-Mart after eating out (since it's free and open late...) we went to the BYU / Air Force Football game. It was a blast! Not only did we enjoy some tasty bar-b-q outside the stadium, but I was able to sneak in my just purchased hot chocolate that I paid $3!!! They were making everyone leave "open containers" at the check in point... but I whined to the guy and he looked the other way. Thank goodness because that hot chocolate kept we warm for the first half of the game!

I wasn't really sure what to expect since the last football game I attended was in high school more than a decade ago... I understood plays and was even excited about the actual game. The beginning was awesome. The fighter jets did a fly over. AMAZING! They were so close you could see the glowing orange afterburn! The actual formation was named something along the line of Fallen Man Formation because one of the group had passed on serving our country... so I started the game crying.

GREAT DATE! It was nice to remember that we can do something different for our dates!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun date! My cousin played in the game for BYU. I am glad you got to keep your hot chocolate!

Kristen said...

K, I had to laugh, because we totally do that going out to eat/ walking around Wal-Mart (or Target) thing all the time! But I'm glad you guys got to go revel with all the other Mormons!

sunnytosh said...

That's great, it sounds like a very unique date! I've always thought the Wal-Mart thing could be fun with a little more dough. ;)