Friday, January 2, 2009

Ears

For a long time now, Makenzie has been begging to have her ears pierced. I wanted her to wait until she was 12, since that it was I did, but after lots of discussing we decided to surprise her this Christmas. We bought and wrapped some super cute post earrings, and told her that it was her special present. The look on her face when she saw what was in the package was priceless! She got a huge grin on her face and couldn't wait to take a trip to Claires the next day! (Going to the mall the day after Christmas will never be on my to-do list again! The place was an absolute zoo!) We had lots of people there to support her and ooh / aah over her pretty earrings. She cried a little because it really does hurt, but she was numb after no time and is perfectly fine now!!! I will post pictures soon!

2 comments:

Mel said...

Oh, how fun! I hope that she continues to like them! My girls do not even remember the pain anymore.

Tee said...

That is so fun :)

Hey, I cant remember if I posted this before or not, but I wanted to apologize for possibly offending you. When we came to your ward for Kaden's blessing, you said hi to me, and I said hi back, but I think you might have thought I blew you off. I didn't mean to, we were just trying to find who to talk to about my special sacrament bread. I'm sorry! I tried to find you afterward, but couldn't. So, I hope you weren't/aren't offended!